While Trump continues to distract us with his horrific behavior and lies, Members of Congress are busy following his edicts and submitting bills that promise to destroy the nation as we know it. This list is circulating social media; I used it as my letter this week to my congressman. It speaks for itself in its range of damage.
Dear Rep. Lance:
Please vote NO on the following bills:
- HR 861 Terminate the Environmental Protection Agency
- HR 610 Vouchers for Public Education
3. HR 899 Terminate the Department of Education
4. HJR 69 Repeal Rule Protecting Wildlife
5. HR 370 Repeal Affordable Care Act
6. HR 354 Defund Planned Parenthood
7. HR 785 National Right to Work (this one ends unions)
8. HR 83 Mobilizing Against Sanctuary Cities Bill
9. HR 147 Criminalizing Abortion (“Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act”)
10. HR 808 Sanctions against Iran
11. HR 622 Removing federal policing from National Parks turning over to local authorities.
There’s no one more important than the other; however the education bills remind me of my years teaching. The schools I’ve taught in serve students breakfast and lunch. My sister’s school sends students home with bags of food every Friday.
Being fed, so one can be productive at work and at school, shouldn’t be a privilege for the rich.
Call, write, and visit your representatives. Track their voting.