I’m very picky about apples. I like them hard and crunchy, not sweet but not lemon sour. I can easily eat three or four a day when they’re in season, which in NJ is usually fall through winter. So when talesfromthemotherland gave me the Good Apple Award, I envisioned myself as a red gala or empire. I am grateful.
* Post the rules
* Answer the questions, the tagger posts for you.
* Create eleven new questions for the bloggers you tag.
* Tag 10 new people with a link to your post
* Give them a heads up that you tagged them.
(To put the Award jpg on your page, right click and save it to your desktop)
Here are the questions I had to answer:
1. If you could spend a day with one famous person (living or dead) in history, who would it be and why? I’d love to travel with Hillary Clinton and watch her negotiate.
2. Ocean or mountains and why? Tough. Love both, but one day at the beach is enough for me but I could easily spend a few days hiking mountains.
3. If you could pick any career, and be successful, what would it be? Children’s book author.
4. What brought you to writing? My third grade teacher, Rosemary Lynch assigned story writing and I wrote “Pasey Taller.” My mother still has it.
5. Healthy eater or junk food? Mostly healthy.
6. What’s the most romantic thing anyone’s ever done for you, and who was it? Oooo… memories. Playing it safe- my husband puts roses on my night table every week.
7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I’d love to be taller. About 5’6” would be nice. Shopping as a child with my mother in Loehmans, she’d point to other shoppers and say why they could “carry” a particular style because they were tall.
8. Drama or Comedy? Why? Drama. Not much for slapstick and love how dramas- good ones at least really give insights into human character. I’m thinking of playwrights Tennessee Williams, August Wilson, and Arthur Miller.
9. Are you a dog person or cat person? Dogs. Cat hair, cat dander, cat claws, cat self-centeredness, cat food, cat litter. Dog remember is God spelled backwards.
10. Most exciting place you ever traveled to, and why it was so exciting. Cycling in Ireland, 1984. We were on 10 speed bikes. We’d cycle all day then listen to Irish music in the pubs at night. Exciting because it was our first bike trip and when I returned I learned I was pregnant with our first child.
11. Which question was the hardest to answer and why? The first. Too many choices!
Here are my 11 questions to the 10 lucky bloggers I’ve bestowed with The Good Apple Award:
- Do you tan, freckle or burn?
- What’s your favorite mayonnaise?
- When was the last time you cried at a movie? (include title)
- When was the last time you cried while reading a book? (include title)
- What’s your favorite Dr. Suess story?
- Do you prefer dark meat or white meat? Why?
- Which do you do more: online or in person shopping?
- If you could travel back in time to spend a day with anyone from history or your own life, who would that be and what would you do?
- What do you sing in the shower?
- What’s your writing pattern/schedule/secret vice?
- Who was your favorite teacher and why?
And the winners are:
- huffygirl’s blog
- northern narratives
- Classroom as Microcosm
Check out their blogs! Thanks again, Tales from the Motherland!