Two blog friends have given me awards recently so I need to fulfill the requirements of each and pass the awards on to other bloggers.
Thanks to Roger C. Colby, a teacher and novelist, who presented me with the Liebster Award. He blogs at http://writingishardwork.com.
In true Roger- style, he created some tough questions. Here they are with my answers:
1. What is your definition of a tortured soul and how does this definition relate to your body of work?
A tortured soul… someone who never thinks he/she is doing enough, is never satisfied, can’t find happiness.
Relate to my work: I’m always nervous I haven’t done enough and wonder why I haven’t been Freshly Pressed yet.
2. If you were to sit under the tutelage of any great writer of history, who would that be and why?
I like my non-fiction to read like fiction. I’ve admired the work of Robert Caro. http://www.robertcaro.com/
3. Discuss your personal view about writing and what it means to you.
Writing for me is a discipline that I enjoy. It’s a sport; I’m using the brain muscles like I use my arms and legs whether on the bike or at yoga. Like sports, writing can always get better.
I hope I’ve done justice to his questions.
Ronnie Hammer, a neighbor in Morristown, NJ, who blogs at http://morristownmemos.wordpress.com, gave me the One Lovely Blog Award.
This one requires you:
- Thank the person. Thanks, Ronnie.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
I’ve shared a lot in my blog already and in response to other awards. Please forgive me if I repeat myself.
1. I’ve edited Tangerine Tango: Women Writers Share Slices of Life – keep an eye on my blog for more. Soon.
2. I love beets.
3. I hate changing seasons, but love the change in seasons. I delay putting on the heat and switching the t-shirts for sweaters as long as possible.
4. I’m enrolled in a playwriting workshop.
5. I can’t crochet. I tried.
6. I love marmalade.
7. I don’t eat snails or frogs’ legs.
Now the pay it forward part. Roger’s award requires naming three bloggers; Ronnie’s award, 15. I’m taking the lazy way out—anyone who feels they deserve these awards and wants them, feel free to say I gave it to you. Share your hidden secrets, make up some tough questions (or just use Roger’s), and fulfill a blog post!
Thanks again, Roger and Ronnie. Always fun to do these.